Delaware County DWI / OWI / DUI Defense
It's important to contact an attorney immediately to help you with your case. Even a short period of time can limit defense options.
If you have been charged in Delaware County with Operating While Intoxicated, Driving Under the Influence, or a similar crime, you can find some general information regarding drunk driving laws in Indiana and Delaware County.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us to set-up a free initial consultation.
Possible consequences for drunk driving conviction:
- Loss of driver's license
- Significant fees
- Loss of car insurance
- Plus others
Verdicts may depend on many factors, including:
- Prior similar convictions
- Mitigating/aggravating circumstances
- Blood alcohol content
General Indiana OWI Information:
- BAC Defined as illegal per se: 0.08
- Administrative license suspension 1st offense? 180 days
- Restore driving privileges during suspension? After 30 days
- Penalties include interlock? Yes
- Penalties include forfeiture No
Note: information is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice.
- Input from the victim if there is an accident
- Very high breathalyzer readings (generally 0.15 or more)
- A bad driving record and past convictions
- Caught not long after regaining driving privileges
- Bad relations with the police officers involved in the incident
- Dangerous and/or unusual driving leading to the police stop
- Previous good driving record
- Low readings on a breathalyzer test
- Cooperation with the police officers involved in the incident
- Efforts at rehabilitation
- When a judgment would have an adverse affect on employment and/or family